Join Us for the 2019 APAHC Conference!
New Orleans, LA February 7th - 9th, 2019
- Category: SfHP Opportunities
Early bird registration ends December 31st, 2018. Registration for the conference will close January 25th, 2019. Click HERE to Register!
The 2019 National Conference of APAHC will address the many clinical, research, training, and administrative topics pertinent to psychologists and other providers working in academic health centers. The theme for the Conference is Psychology on the Cutting Edge: Celebrating Psychologists’ Roles, Contributions, and Diversity in Academic Health Centers.
Keynote speakers include Darrell Kirch, MD, Bradley Karlin, PhD, ABPP, and Jared Skillings, PhD, ABPP. Additional speakers and panels will address important topics such as diversity, the health service psychology workforce, policy and integration, transgender health, and models of integration of psychologists in academic medicine. See the attached program for more information.
The Conference is a great opportunity to learn a range of skills valuable to functioning as a psychologist in an academic health center, meet new colleagues, and reconnect with old colleagues. We also encourage providers of other professions to attend to continue and grow collaborations.
We look forward to seeing you in New Orleans!
Interprofessional Education Workshop
- NEW day-long, interactive workshop focused on Interprofessional Education (IPE).
- This workshop is aimed at faculty or students who are interested in learning how to facilitate interprofessional faculty or student events and/or would like to learn how to design and implement a new IPE event.
- The workshop will take place immediately prior to the start of the 2019 APAHC conference on Thursday, February 7th from 8am-4pm.
- The IPE workshop is FREE to attend however registration with Dr. Ward is required.
- For questions or to register, email Wendy Ward, PhD, ABPP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APA Internship Site Visitor Training
- No cost to participants for attending.
- Information about the APA Internship Site Visitor Training can be found here.
- Breakfast and lunch are typically provided for those attending full-day workshops.
- Required of new visitors to be eligible to conduct accreditation site visits. Please review the criteria for being a site visitor. Open to new site visitors and experienced site visitors. Experienced visitors should attend the workshop at least every five years.
- Continuing Education (CE) credits: Each participant attending the full workshop receives 7.5 CE credits for licensed psychologists, and the Office of Accreditation pays those fees. You will be mailed your certificate a few weeks after the workshop.
- There is a need in the site visitor corps for generalists (psychologists in areas other than clinical, counseling, and school).
- The CoA makes a special effort to ensure diversity among site visitors. Therefore, the commission strongly encourages the nomination of women and members of underrepresented groups.
- Please email Jessica Jentilet, APA Site Visitor Manager, at email@example.com for additional information about the Internship and Postdoc Visitor Training.
Attendee Room Sharing Match
- For those conference attendees who are interested in room sharing or travel sharing with other attendees, the APAHC 2019 Conference is offering a service to connect you with other attendees who are also interested in cost sharing opportunities!
- Contact Dr. Teresa Pan at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this program and connect with others.